Peaches are in season and I am totally taking advantage. I really have a thing for peaches. First my peach guacamole, now these Peaches and Cream crepes! And I probably eat two raw peaches a day whenever they are in the house.
They are just so juicy and sweet and just a tad bit tart. Mhmm.
No doubt there are more peach recipes to come.
Plus, The crepe batter itself is only three ingredients! Crepes can be a bit finicky, so sometimes it can take a couple tries to get in the crepe making groove, but once you get there, these are super simple!
I usually double the batter just in case I mess up the first one (…or two), but these are totally worth it!
And it’s an especially exciting day in my kitchen because I tried a new non-dairy milk! I usually use Silk Unsweetened Soy for all of my baking, but Silk’s Protein Nutmilk was on sale so I figured I’d give it a try!
I like to use higher protein vegan milks for baking because I usually use apple cider vinegar to make a vegan buttermilk and low protein milks don’t curdle very well.
This recipe doesn’t have any apple cider vinegar in it, but the Silk Nutmilk worked beautifully in these crepes! The taste of the milk on its own wasn’t my favorite, but it gave a great subtle flavor to breakfast. Love love love!
The cream part of these peaches and cream crepes is also pretty variable! I used rice whipped cream, but you could also use coconut cream or non-dairy ice cream.
If you don’t like peaches I’m a little bit confused as to why you are looking at this recipe, BUT you could totally replace the peaches with apples and these crepes would still be super delicious.
As always, if you try this recipe make sure you leave me a comment or tag me on Twitter or Instagram @sippingonsoy with the hashtag #sippingonsoy. I absolutely adore seeing how everything turns out for you guys.
And make sure you subscribe to my blog and follow me on social media to make sure you never miss an update. Bye for now!
- 2 large peaches, thinly sliced
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1¾ cup non dairy milk
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp White whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- Pinch salt
- cream topping ideas: rice whipped cream, coconut cream, non-dairy ice cream
- optional: powdered sugar
- In a medium sauce pot add sliced peaches and water. Bring to a light boil.
- When boiling add brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook until peaches are soft about 7-10 minutes. Once peaches have cooked down, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water to the hot mixture and stir until the mixture is slightly thickened. Set peach mixture aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together crepe ingredients until well combined.
- When skillet is skillet is hot, lightly grease the skillet and pour about a ½ cup of batter into the pan. Swirl the pan around so the batter spreads out into larger circle. The crepe should be pretty thin, but still thick enough so that it doesn't fall apart. If you need to you can add extra liquid or flour to achieve a better consistency. It should be a pourable consistency, a little bit thinner than a pancake batter.
- Cook for about two minutes on each side or until the edges curl away from the pan.
- Fill half the crepe with the peach filling and fold over twice for triangle crepes. Alternatively, you could add filling and roll the crepes like enchiladas. Top with your "cream of choice" and powdered sugar, if desired.
*Also, to help avoid crepes breaking, don't spread the batter too thin and don't make the crepes too big.
Need to save this recipe for later? Hover over any image to pin!